Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I'm still here, And running strong

Sorry my friends, it has been way too long since my last post. I'm assuming you thought I decided to quit, give up, become a sloth, or any of the other things I think is best not to mention (but you get the idea). The good news is that I have not done any of those...yet, or hopefully ever. Last week I came down with a cold, again. But I still tried to power thru it. I ran twice last week. Though the first run was pathetic and short [less than 2 miles :-( ], the other which I waited (perhaps too long to do it) was better. I ran this past Saturday when it was nice enough outside, a few 3-ish miles maybe more, idk, still it was a welcome run with a few challenges. The main ones coming from the hills in the neighborhood and the cold air. It still stings my lungs just thinking about running in this 40-something degree weather. I wish it was summer all the time. Maybe I'm cynical, but I would much more prefer running in 85-90 degree weather.
So in my goal of keeping up these crazy shenanigans of getting in shape and running a half marathon in less than 7 weeks, I chose to run indoors tonight to save my lungs and all of my exposed skin the torture of running in 41 degree weather. Since I just realized this sad fact that I have less than 2 months to get ready for this half marathon, I chose to ramp up my workout some. I naturally run a...relaxed pace by some standards (9-9:30 min miles), so this time with my lungs and other vital organs not subjected to terrible weather we have here in Porkopolis (and yes, I just felt like throwing that one out there), I absolutely crushed it. At least by my standards. Doing 3.75 miles in just over 30 mins. I was very proud of myself. I even feel fine now. But not to worry, I'm confident my body will let me know just how dumb that was in the morning. I'm good with that tho. A good run today, another tomorrow, sets me up nicely just for a relaxing day on THE best day of the year, my favorite holiday...St. Patrick's Day. A day to wake up very, very early and have car bombs, beer and breakfast at 6:30 a.m.
With that in mind, I will leave you with a song right for the occasion. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment