Thursday, March 3, 2011

3 Runs Down & My First Weigh In


Well its Thursday now, after resting (and doing hw) yesterday, today I got back at it. Monday was a good 3.5 miles, so I decided that Tuesday deserved at least the same effort. Tho I chose to man-up and run outside on tues. Not a bad choice, Cincy weather is finally getting tolerable. I can thankfully say that I did not come close to getting run over, but its Cincinnati, sooner or later that can happen.
Today tho, I chose to take a different course thru Oakley & Hyde Park. It didn't hurt as much as the first two runs, but it was certainly more challenging. The hills in both neighborhoods are not kind. But running up Gilbert and into Eden Park isn't easy either. Don't think it helped that I decided to push this run a little extra (a whole 4 miles). I think its safe to say that the swelling in my legs has barely gone down since I began this idiotic journey on Monday.
When I returned home and enjoyed a nice 5 pints of water, I did think it would be an ideal time to keep track a bit more of how I'm doing. Besides doing this training because I obviously hate myself, it was also as a way to get in shape and lose some weight. I weighed myself the other day at X after my run then, and I chose to do it again now for the rest of you so you can see (and suffer) the same way I am. So here it is. My official weigh in today, 175.5 lbs. Not terrible (I weighed in at just shy of 176.5 on Monday) . But I'm hoping that I can use this as extra motivation to get down to around the low 160s (160-162 lbs would be legit).
So far I must admit, this whole running and keeping on a schedule has not let me down. 4 days in and I've knocked down 11 miles. Now if I can get another run in tomorrow and hopefully one more Saturday, I'll be pretty stoked.

I'm looking for new routes and places to run, so if any of you have some good ones in the area (less than 5 miles) I'd love to hear from you. Well. Thank you for checking in, but I gotta run.

1 comment:

  1. I always liked running up to the observatory. It kinda sucks getting up there, but if you can do it, the run down is pretty good.

    ReplyDelete